|Grand Lake St. Marys|
Ohio's Other Great Lake is a recreational area for residents and visitors for swimming, fishing, boating, and camping. (see more information below)
Dedicated to WWI veterans, the park is located in uptown St. Marys and rests beside the Miami and Erie Canal on the north side and the St. Marys River on the west side. This park is home to many community funded projects such as the "Belle of St. Marys" Canal Boat, Memorial Covered Bridge, Veterans Walkway, Clock Tower, and Grotto. It is also where our SummerFest celebration is held annually the second full weekend of August.
|K.C. Geiger Park|
This park is the City of St. Marys' largest and most heavily used municipal park and recreation area. Facilities include baseball and softball diamonds, soccer fields, tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, and a miniature golf course. Located at 202 Greenville Road.
|St. Marys Miniature Golf Course|
St. Marys Miniature Golf Course, conveniently located in the K.C. Geiger Park at 202 Greenville Road, is an 18 hole course beautifully landscaped with ponds, water fountains, waterfall, and bridges. This family friendly course has many challenging and fun features for all ages. For more information please call 419-300-1242.
|Family Aquatic Center|
The City's original pool, which opened in 1957, gave way to a new one in 2003. The new facility, modeled after today's concept of a family aquatic center, includes two pools: a competitive pool and dive well with one and three meter diving boards, and a zero-entry leisure pool which includes an interactive play structure and large slide. Located at 1010 Motz Street.
Varsity Lanes offers 16 high quality lanes with easy automatic scoring for family, friends, and league bowling. Join a league, have a party, or just bowl for fun. Located at 91 Herzing Street, 419-394-2915.
|Woodland Rollerdome and Family Fun Center|
Founded in 1982, the Woodland Rollerdome and Family Fun Center is open from September thru May and affords all skaters an atmosphere of high energy in an environment that is reasonably safe and well supervised and fun for the entire Family. Located at 2600 Celina Road, 419-394-4246.
|Auglaize County Historical Society - Mooney Museum|
This newly remodeled historical museum once belonged to Daniel Mooney, a former ambassador to Paraguay. Early Auglaize history is represented here with many artifacts and photos. Open the first and third Sundays of each month, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
|St. Marys Square Shopping Center|
This shopping center is located at the SR 29/US 33 interchange. Several restaurants, a car dealership, gas station, motel and bank have also constructed new facilities at this location.
|State Fish Hatchery|
This hatchery is the only state hatchery that raises largemouth bass. Other species raised at the facility include saugeye, walleye, channel catfish, and pike to stock northern lakes.
|Miami and Erie Canal|
The historic canal completed in 1845 still flows through Auglaize County and provides scenic views and recreation for our area. State Route 66 allows visitors opportunities to explore the old canal. (see more information below)
|Antique/Specialty Shops in Uptown|
The uptown commercial district offers a variety of shopping and service needs including clothing, hobbies, collectibles, restaurants, banks, etc. Several business offices are located in this area as well such as realtors, attorneys, dentists, newspaper, etc.
|Shoppes at St. Marys Shopping Center|
St. Marys' newest shopping district located off the intersection of SR 66 and US 33 on Fortman Drive. The area includes a Kroger Grocery Store, Kohl's Department Store, restaurants, and a strip mall.
For many years, the 17,500 acre reservoir was the largest artificial body of water in the world. Construction began in 1837 by men with only shovels and axes, and was completed in 1845 as a reservoir to supply water for the Miami and Erie Canal. In 1949 Grand Lake St. Marys was dedicated as an Ohio State Park and is a recreational area for residents and visitors for swimming, fishing, boating, and camping.
The lake is open zoned for skiing and has unlimited horsepower for power boating. A 300' "no wake" zone provides for safety and shoreline protection. There are five state operated launch ramps for access to the lake as well as private ramps at marinas around the lake. Sailing and jet skiing are very popular on this lake and rentals are available at area marinas.
The park offers four public swimming beaches located around the lake as well as other swimming areas provided for boaters.
A year round activity on Grand Lake St. Marys. There are several professional and organized fishing tournaments each year. Located along SR 364 is the State Fish Hatchery (one of only three in Ohio). This hatchery is the only state hatchery that raises largemouth bass. Other species raised at the facility include saugeye, walleye, channel catfish, and pike to stock northern lakes.
Several camp sites are located around Grand Lake St. Marys. The State Park Camping site is located on Edgewater Dr., St. Marys, 419-394-2774. The camp grounds currently provide 216 campsites (135 with electric). A "campers only" swimming beach and boat tie-ups are available. Horseshoe pits, sand volleyball, basketball, tennis court, bicycle rentals, 9 hole putter golf course, outside movie theater, and camp store are available.
The historic canal completed in 1845 still flows through Auglaize County and provides scenic views and recreation for our area. State Route 66 allows visitors opportunities to explore the old canal. Bloody Bridge, Forty Acre Pond, Deep Cut, Six Mile Spillway, and a number of remaining locks are areas of great interest to history buffs. Each October the St. Marys Area Chamber of Commerce and St. Marys Kiwanis Club sponsor the "Walk With Nature", a 3.5 mile walk along the towpath beginning in Memorial Park to Forty Acre Pond just North of St. Marys. View Walk with Nature 2013 Photos
Resting in the canal along Memorial Park is the "Belle of St. Marys" canal boat. A replica of a full-scale canal boat that used to travel along the canal. The first "Belle of St. Marys" was constructed in 1990 by volunteers and donations from the community. Though the canal boat is stationary, visitors can board the vessel to have a closer look.